I missed the Blog Every Day in May Challenge this weekend but am back on it on this wonderful Monday. I'm being sarcastic, no Mondays are wonderful. Ever.
Day 6 Prompt is If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
I really love this prompt because we tend to define ourselves by our jobs. I know I do. I spent so much time going to school to earn my degrees, spend 40+ hours a week at work, so it kind of consumes my life. However, my job is not "me" as a person!
Here's what I do:
- I try and be a good girlfriend, daughter, friend, and sister
- I bake, and attempt to cook (according to Chris I'm getting better!)
- I shop (although not much lately...I'm really good at it!)
- I craft, garden, and decorate.
- I drink wine (or margaritas) and tell jokes. In that order. I'm usually the only one laughing at my jokes. I'm also pretty good at laughing at myself.
- I help people the best I can. This includes my job, but I just can't leave it out. It is a part of my nature whether I like it or not sometimes.
- I try and live my life the best I can. Nowhere near perfect, but not so shabby. I really really try.