The combination of chocolate, toffee, and a little sea salt is just amazing! This recipe is quick, easy, and not too messy. The hardest part is waiting for the toffee to harden before eating :)
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Dash of sea salt, More for sprinkling on top
Semi-sweet baking bar or ~2 cups chocolate chips
1) Melt butter, sugar, and salt in saucepan
2) Let boil and continue to cook until mixture becomes slightly darker
3) Pour mixture onto wax-paper lined pan, spread around pan
4) Break up chocolate bar and sprinkle over mixture
5) Let sit for a minute to let chocolate melt, or put in oven for a minute
6) Spread chocolate, sprinkle sea salt
7) Let set in freezer. When set, break apart and enjoy!
Slightly adapted from this recipe. The batch I made had too much butter and didn't mix in well, so I reduced the butter for the above recipe.
Before setting in freezer, you could add sliced almonds, walnuts, or whatever you like. I prefer just the toffee and chocolate... yummm. Warning: this is in NO way healthy. It's so sweet I can only eat a couple small pieces, so that works for me ;)