I made a few changes to this recipe I found on Pinterest and got this:
1 stick melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf challah bread (or any other bread, but challah is sweet and tastes the best in french toast to me)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1) Slice bread if not already sliced:
2) Mix melted butter and brown sugar until it looks like this, then spread evenly in bottom of 9x13 pan:
3) In a mixer or by hand, beat milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon:
4) Layer bread in pan on top of butter/brown sugar mixture
5) Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture on top of bread:
5) Sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon on top of bread. Layer remaining bread, then pour remaining egg mixture on top. You can sprinkle more sugar if you'd like, as if this recipe isn't sweet enough!
6) Chill overnight in fridge
7) Bake in 350 degree oven for ~40 minutes or until bread looks toasted
8) Serve UPSIDE DOWN so brown sugar mixture is on top. I also sprinkled powdered sugar which is totally unnecessary. And delicious.