And the upcoming weekend. It's been an extremely long week... my first full week of the new job. I never realized how much working from home 2 days a week in my last job made a difference. I had time to throw laundry in between phone calls and paperwork. I was able to run to Target during my lunch break. NO MORE!!! I'm definitely missing that.
But, I'm not complaining and that leads me to my first bit of happiness this week.
1) A really good job. I didn't know what to expect but now that I'm learning and getting the hang of it all, I really like it. The actual job is amazing and exactly what I want to do. There's still a lot to learn and I don't really know anyone yet. Considering the people were one of my favorite parts of my last job, this is important to me! I love getting to know and having positive relationships with my co-workers. Everyone is super nice to far, it's just that everyone is really busy and I haven't had much of a chance to get to know people. It will happen, though! That being said, I still miss my old co-workers SO much and can't wait to see them in a couple weeks!
2) Decorating for the holidays!
This was a 2-minute DIY. Glitter pine cone sticks (from the floral section of the craft store), wrapped in ribbon and stuck in a mason jar.
Love my little nutcracker. I found him in the dollar bin at Target last year.
Our tree! This tree was $30 from Wal-Mart...5 years ago! It's held up pretty well. Next year we'll hopefully have a real tree but that's just tough in apartments.
3) My Scentsy order arrived this week!!! If you all are looking to order Scentsy for the holiday, as a gift or for yourself, check out Dani's consultant page and get ordering! I'm currently warming "Festival of Trees" and it smells like I have a live tree throughout the whole apartment. Love.
4) Arriving home to this last night:
My DSW order came in a box almost as big as me. I bet the neighbors wondered what the heck was in there. Well, obviously lots of shoes which I'll show more of later.
I was disappointed because the boots I ordered were adorable... I went to try them on and put on the right boot. It fit great. Then Chris noticed the left boot looked...bigger. It was a size and a half bigger than the right. Obviously a mistake as my feet are the exact same size!
I can't complain about it, because I contacted DSW a couple hours before writing this and haven't heard back. Obviously I'll give them a chance to fix the mistake before getting too upset. Plus, I can probably find them in-store and exchange there. Stuff happens.
5) New episode of Grey's last night. I cried at the end. If you watched, you probably know why but I won't ruin it for anyone. Of course, I cry over anything so I might have been the only one. Anyone else out there craycray like me?
Is anyone else in disbelief that today's the last day of November? I don't know where time has gone. I'd also like to apologize (maybe in advance) for my forgetfulness lately.. I've really been trying to keep up with blogging among everything else, but have been completely losing track of things lately. When life calms down a little and I can get into my new routine, I promise it will get better. So if I haven't answered an email from you, please know I will get to it soon. Don't take it personally.... I've had a hard enough time remembering to eat lately. I even forgot about coffee earlier. That is not me! Anyway.
I hope that everyone had a fantastic week and has an even better weekend!
Linking up with Lauren...