Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Key Lime Pie

This recipe is easy as pie! Ok sorry, that was bad.


I've never been to the Keys, or had fresh"key lime" pie but this one tastes pretty darn good. My best friend Liz lives in the Keys, so when I finally make it out to visit her (soon I hope), this is the first thing I want to try!!!

Here's what you need:

~Graham cracker pie crust (sometimes I make my own but this works too. Also look for the low fat version- it tastes exactly the same)
~2 cans sweetened condensed milk
~1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat or light- tastes exactly that same)
~3/4 cup lime juice (Key Lime is best but it'll work with the regular stuff too)
~1 tbsp lime zest
~Whipped cream (optional)

1. Mix lime juice, sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, and lime zest in a medium bowl. I added 2 drops of green food coloring because I think it's pretty. Key Lime pie is typically not green though :)

Mix well!


I use a small grater to zest the lime but if you have a fancy zester, that'll work too!


2. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust


3. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or sooner. Keep an eye on it and take out of the oven when you see small pinhole bubbles start to burst on the top. It's really hard to ruin this pie, so as long as it's not browned, it'll be good.


4. Chill completely before serving. I like to serve with whipped cream on top.
{adapted from this recipe}

Isn't that so easy? 
Don't even worry about getting the exact measurements of ingredients. It always turns out great.
Enjoy!


3 comments :

  1. That is super easy! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This key lime pie looks so delicious! One of our favorite desserts. We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make this in March, the month of all things green. Found this link through your post on Bourbon & Glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to respond to you through email, so please make sure you have an email address linked to your account!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...