Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning & Outfits Lately

Happy Wednesday!
It was so nice to have off work on Monday. I was able to get a lot of things done, which equates to relaxing for me. I went through all of my clothes and separated into "keep, trash, donate" piles. It felt so good. I can't believe the amount of clothes/shoes I have that I haven't worn in over a year. 


Why do I own so many soffee shorts? I debated whether to get rid of them but I wear them to sleep and couldn't part with em. And yes, they were already organized by color before taking this picture. I'm crazy like that.
T-shirt from college days. I also couldn't get rid of my SU t-shirts! 
Chris and I also made a decision which takes a huge weight off my (our) shoulders. We're going to stay put in our apartment for now instead of moving later this month. The details aren't official but our landlords are pretty easy to work with. We like our apartment but need more space...however I don't want to rush into moving when we aren't quite ready. I'm so relieved because we don't have to worry about the stress of moving. I'm also able to take more time to organize and get rid of things we don't need like I did this week. I'm looking forward to planting our balcony garden again this weekend now that we know we're staying a little longer. 

The moral of the story is that it feels great to do some "spring cleaning" of our apartment because it feels like I gave my brain a cleaning as well. I feel a million times lighter and less anxious overall. There's something nice about feeling stability. Now that I don't have to worry about moving, I can focus on studying for my licensing exam and maybe even putting some time into this blog, which I've seriously been lacking lately. 

Since I haven't been sharing much, here are a few of my favorite outfits recently...

Scarf: Kohl's, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: LC Lauren Conrad (Kohl's), Boots: DSW
Sweater: NY&Co, Shirt: Express, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: DSW 
Shirt: Loft outlet, Scarf: Gap, Sweater: Target
I think it's pretty clear that I love wearing my boots and will wear them until it gets so warm I can't anymore. I am definitely looking forward to sandal weather, though...just need to find time to get a pedicure first! 

Linking up with Shanna :)





4 comments :

  1. I love purging! It feels freeing. I also love colorful shorts so I'd keep those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, moving is such a pain. Still being in college, I move out of the sorority house every semester. Even though it's not all my stuff, it's most of the things I use and it's awful. Yay for spring cleaning though, I know it's definitely awesome whenever I get rid of a bunch of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get some spring cleaning done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I was just looking at that first photo thinking, are those all Soffe shorts? Haha I have so many of them too!!! I love that mint scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to respond to you through email, so please make sure you have an email address linked to your account!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...