I haven't done a Birchbox recap in a while, so I thought it was about time.
Have you heard of Birchbox? It's a monthly beauty sample subscription box. Click here to sign up or for more information!
Let's look at what I got this month...
1. I think we all know what this is. Ghiradelli chocolate, Can't go wrong.
2. TIGI Rockaholic Fun Times Flexible Hairspray ($20.50). This hairspray smells great and holds well, but wasn't as "flexible" as I'd like. I'd skip buying but will definitely use the sample. It did hold my curls all day!
3. theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer ($24) This is a luminizing powder which does exactly that- I used on my eyelids instead of shadow over the weekend and loved the shimmer and neutral color. It can be used on the cheekbones for a little shimmer and even claims to "concel blemishes and fine lines". Done and done. I will definitely be purchasing, but the sample's actually a decent size.
4. Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips ($14.50) This balm was created for new moms (presumably the breastfeeding ones) and has become a make-up artist favorite according to Birchbox. In case you were wondering, I did use it on my lips. Nowhere else. It was very moisturizing so I can see why it would be popular to use in other places. The balm was a little sticky and left a weird residue feeling after a while, but that eventually went away. I liked it but can't say I would buy it.
5. Juicy Couture Couture La La Perfume ($90) I love Juicy perfumes but already own a couple and just didn't care too much about this sample. It smelled fine but I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. I would have preferred another piece of chocolate (wouldn't you?)
Overall, I was pleased with my Birchbox! I was disappointed a few months ago but it's certainly redeemed itself. Did you get Birchbox this month? What'd you get? I want to hear about it :)