It's been a pretty eventful week and getting back into blogging is just what I've been needing.
1) I cut 8 inches off my hair! I feel so much lighter and probably even lost a couple pounds as a result. I've been wavering between loving and hating it, but I'm leaning towards the "loving" side now. It's an adjustment for sure.
|don't mind the awkward selfie|
2) Chris and I decided to refinish my old vanity. My dad and I refinished it once five years ago and after a few burn marks and peeling paint, I decided it was a good time to tackle it again. This project is a tricky one for sure, but I can't wait for the finished product.
3) Have you checked out my broccoli and cheese soup? It's seriously so good. This recipe makes ton, I currently have the rest sitting in my freezer just waiting for a busy work night to be heated up easily. Yum yum yum
4) We're planning on a fun weekend of (hopefully) finishing up the vanity, seeing Gravity (I heard it's one of the best movies ever, has anyone seen it?) and going to the Renaissance fair. Probably some more picture-hanging and setting things up thrown in there, too.
5) I'm so so excited to be blogging again. I've missed the interactions with you all. I haven't stopped reading everyone else's blogs over the past couple months but I find it so therapeutic to write my own. Having somewhere to keep track of my happenings is pretty amazing. When I look at posts from a year ago, I realize how much my life has changed. When I get to write out my honest, raw feelings about my relationship or anything else, that's therapeutic.
Have a great weekend!
Linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday