Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Update

I hope you all had a great weekend!
This weekend was full of food, family, and relaxation....perfect.

When I came home from work on Friday, I was so exhausted. As I've mentioned recently, I'm really adjusting to this new schedule. It's been pretty hard. So, naturally, we headed out for margaritas. And queso. Hello, extra 5 pounds this weekend. It was so worth it.



I continued the holiday decorating by putting lights up on the balcony...

And celebrated the first nights of Hannukah! Yep, we do both holidays! I had "Chrismukkah" growing up :)

We threw a birthday brunch for my Mom...
It was so nice to spend time with my family and even more fun that it was at our place! We usually don't do this because our apartment's small... we don't even have a kitchen table... but it worked out nicely and was a great time!
I made a Pumpkin French Toast bake. Yum.

And then we watched our Redskins win a great game!
Best "outfit of the day" ever...



The weekends are way too short. I've also done no Christmas shopping.. usually I'm on top of it but not this year... no way. We did go to Target on Saturday and could hardly move throughout the store. No thanks, I'll be doing my shopping online.
Now it's time for another week of work. Only a couple weeks until Christmas and my birthday (which is Christmas Eve ;) )

Linking up w/ the Weekend Update ladies as usual!


14 comments :

  1. Yummy post! You got a great taste, and your blog is really fun to read! Please check out my new post and tell me what you think, it means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second blog I've read that's mentioned mexican...I might have to go that way for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, delicious looking margarita! I want one...
    Love the lights on the balcony, they're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST??? I need the recipe!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOOO REDSKINS!

    And that margarita literally made my mouth water.

    -Samantha
    itsallinthedeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic weekend! that pumpkin french toast bake sounds amazing!

    cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lights are so pretty! Colored lights make me happy! Speaking of happy - Happy Hanukkah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margs and queso make everything better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pumpkin french toast bake?! yummmm! I love anything & everything pumpkin!
    Stopping by from the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your christmas lights! and I agree - weekends go too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that Margarita RIGHT NOW! I agree about shopping, the stores are insane right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it normal for one's mouth to water when looking at a Margarita? Cause it just happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally doing my shopping online as well...people be crazed now a days! I love your little menorah! I think when the kids are a little older we'll tie in other holidays too. I used to love playing with the dreidle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a great weekend to me - who cares about any lbs with the queso and margs. always worth it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to respond to you through email, so please make sure you have an email address linked to your account!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...