Friday, September 7, 2012

High Five for Friday!

I feel like I'm living for the weekend lately! 
There definitely were some fabulous things about this week, though.
I hope you all had a great week and have some fun weekends planned! 

{1} Salted Caramel cupcakes. Almost 2 years ago, I was baking these cupcakes and dreamed up this little blog. I didn't really keep with blogging until a few months ago, but those cupcakes will forever be tied to Sugar, Spice, and a Dash of Advice! :)


{2} This is totally not a highlight but Chris and I both got sick this week... he got hit a lot harder. I took a trip to Target and stocked up on stuff to make us (mainly him) feel better. 


Can we talk about those Edy's pineapple popsicles in the back there? Freaking amazing. I've been eating popsicles like it's my job lately. (I WISH it was my job.)

{3} Staff Retreat for work- this is why I made the cupcakes (like I needed a reason?). Normally I don't talk about work but I just had to say that I work with an amazing group of women. No matter what, we are a team and are supportive of each other. I've been very lucky!
Totally wish I could post a picture because we took some silly ones, but I doubt they would appreciate their faces showing up on my blog. Haha!

{4} Impromptu date night
Chris and I had a random date last night. He wanted to take me out to cheer me up about some crappy stuff that I've been dealing with.. how sweet :) 
We went out to dinner at PF Chang's and then to the mall to buy this game we saw the other day. I am not a huge game person but we played it the other day and he really wanted it. It's a lot of fun and cool to do something different.


PF Chang's was amazing, by the way. Of course, we got lettuce wraps. We were so hungry I didn't think to snap a picture. This was my fortune, though...


Luckily, I already had thanks to some amazing people in my life!

{5} Smell of cinnamon in my house...
Thanks to this cinnamon broom. I didn't even know these existed before dating Chris. His mom always has these in the house around the holidays. They literally fill the house with amazing cinnamon smell for weeks. Naturally, I had to get one as soon as I saw them at Wegman's. I used some leftover fall flower stuff from my fall wreath to decorate it!


I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! :)
Linking up with Lauren as usual!

Photobucket




12 comments :

  1. sounds like a great date night! and those cupcakes look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING all of these top 5 (mins being sick!). I need a cinnamon broom- I"ve never heard of them! where do you buy one?? I hope you are feeling better! Also, that game looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a cinnamon broom!!! But I doubt the kids would leave it alone...maybe I could mount it on a wall!! Please send me a cupcake ASAP, I know you made 4 dozen. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those cupcakes look amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmm pineapple popsicles! sounds so yummy,,,and how sweet is that date night?? now i want some pfchangs myself! :)

    happy friday!

    xoxo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of a cinnamon broom! I wonder if I can find them here? I will have to look.
    Try and have a relaxing weekend and clear your head a little. I know that's my plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fortunes (or statements) that actually are good!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two things .. One, I love cupcakes & those look amazing! Two, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Just head on over here to check out more!

    Happy Friday & have an awesome weekend!

    Brittney @ The Sweet Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love of changs! The lettuce wraps are my fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those cupcakes look amazing!

    new follower :)

    Have a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that fall cinnamon smell! And those cupcakes look amazing! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I'd love to respond to you through email, so please make sure you have an email address linked to your account!

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...